viernes, julio 20, 2007

Art, children and yoga...


Friday, July 20, 2007 4:43pm

Namaste Everybody!

I just noticed that it had been 11 days without writing! Time is going so fast! I just feel great here, doing so many things that I like, It is beautiful to feel so good!

I have been going to yoga everyday, 6 times a week in the morning at the Iyengar Institute + receiving private medical classes from my special friend Joe, who is taking very good care of my lower back, he had been an iyengar yoga teacher for a very long time and is here practicing yoga (advance classes) and learning medical yoga and physiotherapy.

I am also volunteering to a center for children and adult spastics (people suffering from cerebral palsy which is the dysfunction of the Central Nervous System or in other worlds, when the mind and body do not function in accordance with one another).
They are wonderful, pure souls, like children. I am helping them with everything that I can, but mostly with trainings that the center teaches like papel shredding, coloring, pottery, batik, mostly art related creations. This help them to improve their manual abilities and to recollect funds for the center. We are organizing a fund raising party for them on next week with all the yoga people! I will send you more info later in case any of you would like to donate money or sponsor a child.

The first day I was a little nervous about how to relate with them, assuming that they needed to be help, but very soon I realized that they are happy, joyful and just need help with their physical needs. About their minds there is a lot to learn from them, like innocence, love and friendship! Contentment and living the present! Just as children! I really feel grateful of this opportunity!

I keep doing my lessons in drawing and painting as part of my training to fulfill the requirements for the MA in art therapy. And all this experience is helping me to know if I really like it, and honestly, so far so good! I am very excited! :)

And last but not least, of course I am taking pictures around the city, going out with friends, to restaurants, dancing parties and having so much fun!

Ahh, just to let you know, I don’t know what happen to the moonson, but its not raining anymore, first week was really heavy raining all day long but now we are really enjoying of a marvelous sunny weather!

I have a dinner at home with my roommates, Francisca, a wonderful German woman who lives in Bali, Lis, a fantastic Australian lady who lives in New Zealand, Joe, our awesome friend from NY that its cooking, and our two new neighbors from Sri Lanka! :)



I feel healthy and strong so no worries!



Love and joy to all of you!



Debbie




3 comentarios:

Andrea dijo...

Hi Sis,
I'm so very happy for you and proud of you...
I feel that we are so much alike in so many different things; for example I have always felt drawn to small kids and older people... You can learn so much from them and even become a child again.
This is a special moment which cannot be taken lightly; true, you see kids (in your case) with cerebral palsy & immediately you think they can't do something but, the truth is completely different... They Teach you.
So go on, continue taking in the "light" that surrounds all of us and when you return, we will see you with a new shine. I know I will.
Love, Andy

Anónimo dijo...

Que lindos tus relatos, hermanita!. Me encanta que te sientas tan dichosa y que estes haciendo lo que te gusta: conocer gente nueva, tener diferentes experiencias, enriquecerte internamente y darle un sentido, un rumbo a tu vida. Sigue en tu busqueda y que los rayos del sol iluminen cada dia tu sendero...! Con amor, Nanan.

How lovely your tales are, little sister!. I'm glad you are so very happy and that you are enjoying what you like the most: to meet new people, to have different experiences, to enrich yourself and to give your life a meaning, a direction. Keep on your quest and may the sunshine illuminate your path each day...!. Love, Nanan.

♥ Andy ♪ dijo...

Namasté Debbie,
I've got news from your blog today and I like it very much. I have opened one in English myself and I still have the one in Spanish at La Coctelera.
Hope this new ring - White Lunar Wizard - brings good things to you 'cause it's causing major changes in me, not to mention the planetary transits ¡just look in my blogs!
Stay in touch and take care, love you,
Andy